Who should i then, vote for?

I realized that even at this very crucial moment some of us are more confused than ever in regards of who to vote for. Some of us have even ...

I realized that even at this very crucial moment some of us are more confused than ever in regards of who to vote for. Some of us have even decided not to participate in the election scheduled for tomorrow for the sole reason of being confused. It is my hope to let know that the confusion is mutual, you are not alone in the matter.
Those of you who have been reading my articles will attest to the fact that I relish asking rhetorical questions; questions that I do not expect answers but questions that should force us all back to our intellectual faculties to do some real thinking. This is what I hope to do in this article. But before I ask my questions, I will love to share with you a story:
Yesterday, at about 9pm, I strolled down to visit a very special friend, Miss Rukky (whose birthday happen to be tomorrow). As I got there, I was met with a great surprise, although, pleasant. I found a lot of people in the room chatting and laughing amidst dinning. But most remarkable was that I saw our own comrade, Oshie Zino, sitting on the floor with some dude playing the scrabble game. A smile of warmth radiated from me as I realised that sincerely this is what we desperately need in this country, Nigeria. We need a leader who will always be in touch with the people, such leader will never be kept in the dark as regards to the people’s needs. Everyone in the room, Oshie Zino and myself included, all participated in a heart-warming, smile-extruding and laughter-filled discussion until I vacated to my room for a much needed night rest.
Today, I was yet another figure doing something I would ordinarily not have expected. It was Mike Osajiele running an errand of buying bread for a meal himself and his friend will consume. He asked me to join him on the errand to which I willingly obliged. In our little rendezvous, Mike deeply lamented the Provost’s decision of excluding diploma students from participating in the elections. From this informal conversation I immediately sensed a leader who was not only deeply concerned about the marginalization of any faction of students but a man who was practising what he had preached when he gave us his “Send me” speech when he campaigned.
At this point of this article you will agree with me that I have done more damage than good. One becomes more confused and is forced to angrily ask “Who should I then, vote for?”
Before I confront that question with words in light of providing answers, allow me to ask my questions as usual. Could it be that we all are being fooled by these politicians? Could it be that they have put on their best faces just to impress us for now? Will they change as soon as they get into power like their predecessors? Sincerely, for all our sakes, I pray they don’t.
“Who should I then, vote for?” I will answer this question by providing the answers to the opposite of this question- “Who should I not vote for?” I will clearly tell you not to vote the man who tries to impose himself on you, who is ready to shortcut all legal means just to get power. Do not vote for the man that stirs up political propaganda. Do not vote for any man that tries to appeal to your ethnic selfishness for such a man is ridiculously primitive. Do not vote for a man who you think or feel has no will for his own, a man who you think will become a puppet, lacking the voice to rightly defend the students when such time arises. VOTE WISELY!!!
And from the bottom of our hearts, we the Campus Echoes Crew, wishes all and this university a free and fair election. We hope we all enjoy peace both here and in the nation at large.


Related

recent gist 91287843060842989

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Follow Us

Hot in week

Comments

Recent

Text Widget

Connect Us

item