Omotor Stanley makes U-turn drops SUG Sec Gen aspirations drums support for Desmond

Barely a week since he openly declared his intention to contest for the hallowed office of the SUG Sec Gen, Omotor Stanley has surprisingly ...

Barely a week since he openly declared his intention to contest for the hallowed office of the SUG Sec Gen, Omotor Stanley has surprisingly made a U-turn on that decision by coming out openly to formally pull himself out of the running for the office. He made the declaration on the 300level law students’ group page on one of the social media platforms and also threw his weight behind the aspiration of the 300level law class rep. Orisewezie Desmond. In his words
“Following a meeting with some prominent members of our great class, I hereby renounce my initial declarations and state categorically that I never had and I don’t think I will have the intention to contest for the post of the SUG Sec Gen, more still contest against Desmond (who is one of my best friend)…The reason I did what I did was that I am his friend and I needed to make for the unity of the class and only a friend will do what I did. I helped to contribute to the success of his ambition to become the SUG Sec Gen in my own little way. I can’t begin to explain why I did it but believe me when I say those in the meetings were happy and thanked me for my actions and these persons include our Asst. class rep. Jessica, Kpokban Precious aka Mac-4, Ikre Lynda, Ejokpa Mark and others. I know even Desmond himself is happy for what I did and he will live to thank me. I can’t tell you all the reasons for my actions but believe me it was towards the unity and progress of the class.
By the way how can I even tghink of contesting self, considering my faith and belief?  But I learnt a lot from this experience and some persons in the class will continue to have my respect, persons like Valentine and Damaris they showed me that maturity is not by age nor by social statute…..Thank you guys once more.
I still remain Omotor Stanley (A New Man)”.
Omotor Stanley entered the running for the SUG Sec Gen race on Valentine’s Day.




Related

recent gist 6917577915006695938

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Follow Us

Hot in week

Comments

Recent

Text Widget

Connect Us

item